Carbon fiber is also known as graphite fiber. Carbon filaments twisted together make up this material rigorous. Even though its uses are numerous, its primary uses are for making engine parts, carbon fiber wraps, and carbon fiber hoods. BMW, for example, uses carbon fiber in its performance parts.
BMW’s vehicles feature carbon fiber as an important component. It includes everything from interior trim to exterior parts like spoilers, bonnets, and roofs.
The following article outlines all the advantages of using BMW Carbon Fiber Parts.
A REVIEW OF CARBON FIBER PROPERTIES:
First, it is important to know what makes carbon fiber upstanding. Here are some of those characteristics:
- Carbon fiber is highly desirable when a component must be lightweight and stable. Compared to steel and aluminum, carbon fiber is lighter. So, it has become the most popular material among many car manufacturers and enthusiasts.
- One of the biggest advantages of using carbon fiber car parts is that they do not corrode like steel. Thus, being rust-resistant, it undergoes less damage. Hence, it ages gracefully and lasts a long time.
- Another advantage of this material is that it is highly rigid. It is approximately five times as strong and stiff as steel.
- Also, it has the ability to absorb large amounts of impact force. Therefore, carbon fiber car parts help to increase the safety of vehicles. Due to their durability, BMW carbon fiber parts are a little expensive.
- The BMW 8 series uses Carbon Core technology for increased stiffness, for example. In the transmission tunnel, BMW used carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer for the “bracing tube for the passenger compartment”.
- In addition, carbon fiber materials have remarkable thermal expansion properties. Carbon fiber was originally used in aircraft and other high-tech machinery. Due to its ability to resist increased temperatures, it was incorporated in car manufacture and other automotive processes as well.
- A carbon fiber car part does not degrade under poor conditions due to its stress resistance qualities.
- With this property, the car parts last longer, thus giving longer years of seamless driving.
- Carbon fiber in car-making usually refers to carbon fiber-reinforced polymers (CFRP). Similar to steel and titanium, these carbon fiber products can be repaired successfully.
- Carbon fiber manufacturers typically use UV-resistant resins and cover their surfaces with UV-protective lacquers. As a result, it eliminates the risk of damaging carbon fiber composite materials.
- The cooling properties of carbon fiber make it ideal for sports cars as well. Regardless of how hard a driver pushes a vehicle, the fibers won’t conduct heat. Thus, making it unlikely to overheat.
- A steel race car can protect its drivers adequately, but it’s heavier frame can make it harder to handle tight turns. With steel and a big engine, you might have one of the slowest cars. However, carbon fiber offers a good weight-to-power ratio. The weight of carbon fiber cars is five times less than that of steel cars, even with powerful engines.
- Moreover, high temperatures do not affect this material, as it has a low thermal expansion point.
- Nowadays, more and more car owners are using carbon fiber hoods to add to their cars’ visual appeal. Because buying a carbon fiber hood and customizing it is possible.
- To ensure maximum safety, structural carbon fiber is also used in motorcycle and horseback helmets.
Carbon fiber is the only material that offers such mechanical properties and can save weight at the same time. The use of carbon fiber can further enhance the performance attributes of sporty vehicles. In addition, luxury vehicles have become more fuel-efficient, lighter, faster, and quieter with carbon wheels.
Also, carbon fiber wings make the car more aerodynamic and handle better at high speeds. Therefore, the manufacturers of BMW prefer BMW Carbon Fiber Parts. The driving experience of a car incorporating carbon fiber will always be pleasant.